Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We are growing quickly, and we are looking for talented Field Estimators to join our team.
Tiber Capital Group is a large provider of high-quality, single-family rental homes in several markets across the United States. Our team is committed to renovating to the highest standards, and providing residents with comfortable homes to raise their families in. With more than 7,700 homes across some of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility and freedom of living in a superior single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Tiber Capital is committed to making the rental process easy and enjoyable for our residents. Our portfolio has continued to grow considerably over the past 2 years. We see increasing demand for our professionally managed single-family rental homes, and we anticipate continued growth in all our markets.
The Field Estimator – Renovations will need to have significant prior experience evaluating and estimating residential renovation projects. They will effectively complete property inspections, site measurements, develop project scopes and create renovation estimates while adhering to the company’s standards of quality and asset performance. The Field Estimator – Renovations will generally work from the field or remotely from home, and they will be provided with all necessary equipment to fulfill their job duties. The successful individual must be organized, structured, have good time management skills and be able to work from a remote base. Local travel will be required within their assigned regions to effectively visit assigned projects and interact with staff and vendors. They will work closely with, Sr. and Lead Estimators as necessary to accomplish individual and team performance goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete on site estimates within the assigned area.
- Generate project scopes as per Companies SOP, spec and quality standards.
- Utilize technology to submit estimates and complete job functions remotely.
- Execute on established team goals.
- Identify deficiencies and implement improvements to optimize performance.
- Assist local team of Field Estimators as needed.
- Assist in implementing action plans, reinforcing processes and procedures to coincide with expectations.
- Resolve and field related disputes, problems and/or bottlenecks to production, including vendor disputes.
- Assist with improving and maintaining product specifications, including trends in products and materials to help control costs and speed to the estimation process.
- Minimum of 5 years Residential Construction Estimating and Management experience focused on single family residential rehabs and renovations.
- Prior insurance industry restoration type estimating experience strongly preferred.
- Experience recruiting vendors and subcontractors recruitment experience.
- Conflict management and negotiation experience.
- Results oriented, problem-solving individual with the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Must be proactive and able to provide timely follow-up.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills and strong attention to quality and detail.
- Knowledge of best practices in construction and managing labor costs, plus a good knowledge of the uses of costs and materials.
- Must have a strong proficiency in Microsoft office applications.
- Solid understanding of local, state and ICC building code and safety standards requirements.
- Superior understanding of pricing for labor, materials, and general details to develop concise estimates.
- Knowledge of Xactimate software or like software is necessary.
- Accountability, work ethic, pride in performance, and commitment to deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player, with strong sense of ethics and fairness to all parties
- Honesty, integrity, and skill in setting and meeting expectations
- Self-starter, with a proven record of working independently with minimum supervision
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- 5+ years of experience evaluating and estimating projects – preferably residential construction and/or renovation projects
- Ability to work weekends as necessary
- Bilingual a plus
What you can expect from Tiber Capital Group:
Tiber Capital Group offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we encourage career growth and knowledge-sharing
- We offer highly competitive compensation, and a strong bonus program
- More experienced and proven Project Management Professionals will be offered a higher starting salary.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, short term disability, life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, legal services plan, paid time off, paid holidays, and 401k
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.