Department: Operations/Accounting Location: Remote
This accounting manager role supports Tiber Capital Group’s asset management division, applying generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to review financial data, supervising preparation of financial statements, analyzing financial performance and reporting to key stakeholders, and performing other support activities related to the accounting function.
Responsibilities and Duties (responsible for all or part of the following):
- Review financial information used to prepare various financial statements and accounting reports by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, and balance and reconciling figures.
- Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end preparation of financial statements in compliance with GAAP
- Perform capitalization review & reclassification in accordance with the company’s fixed asset capitalization policies.
- Analyze financial information and report on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Prepare scheduled and ad-hoc reporting to evaluate financial performance and provide financial data to other departments.
- Prepare and maintain monthly cash needs forecast for several asset pools.
- Communication & coordination of accounting cycle activity with property management partner accountants, including treasury support. Oversee policies & procedures used by property management partner accountants.
- Maintains and coordinates accounting control procedures and reviews completed control testing, evaluating for systemic deficiencies and developing improvement plans.
- Recommend, help, and develop accounting processes, systems, and controls to scale with business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
Special Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Fundamental understanding of GAAP
- Strong proficiency and experience with Microsoft Excel pivot-tables and analysis of large datasets
- Self-driven and motivated to complete tasks with little direct supervision.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Professional, courteous, and positive manner
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience
- Property Management or Real Estate experience is a plus!
Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position.