Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We are growing quickly, and we are looking for several talented Project Managers to join our team. Tiber Capital Group is a large provider of high-quality, single-family rental homes in several markets across the United States. Our team is committed to renovating to the highest standards, and providing residents with comfortable homes to raise their families in. With more than 3,250 homes across some of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility and freedom of living in a superior single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Tiber Capital is committed to making the rental process easy and enjoyable for our residents. Our portfolio has continued to grow considerably over the past 2 years. We see increasing demand for our professionally managed single-family rental homes, and we anticipate continued growth in all our markets.
The Project Management Professional (PMP) will need to have significant prior experience managing residential renovation projects. They will effectively plan, schedule and manage assigned projects to include effective communication with field-based Project Managers, general contractors (GCs) and vendors to ensure projects meet designated timelines and budgets. The PMP will work from the office or from home, and they will be provided with a computer, three screens, and software to perform their job remotely. They will work closely with, and be supported in the field by Project Managers, who oversee work performed by GCs and vendors and ensure the work has been performed to a high quality standard. The PMP will maintain strict adherence to timelines by monitoring the progress of field-based Project Managers, GCs and vendors, and will manage, monitor and adjust timelines and estimated completion dates based on updates from the field.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with Budget Analysts to finalize project scopes of work.
- Prepare project timelines, milestones, dependencies, and estimated completion dates based on the scope of work.
- Assign jobs to GCs and vendors, and schedule their work.
- Communicate with field-based Project Managers who will walk each property with the GC before work starts, set expectations on standards, and explain and agree on the scope of work.
- Communicate with Project Managers to make sure they are walking each property every day and taking photographs and updating software as needed.
- The PMP will need to understand the exact status of each project at all times to understand dependencies, facilitate scheduling and adhere strictly to timelines.
- Communicate with the Project Manager to understand all changes to the project scope.
- Change the project schedule and cost projections as necessary.
- Validate that work has been done to the right standard and work closely with the Project Manager to approve change orders and reverse change orders as necessary.
- Communicate estimated delays to the Market Manager and PMP Manager in real-time. Timelines are critical, and timely communications are vital.
- Make sure that all punch list items are being completed timely and properly, and assign to a new punch crew if necessary.
- Work closely with the leasing team to schedule leasing acceptance walks.
- Document and deal with any issues that may arise from leasing walks to ensure timely leasing acceptance.
- Work with Trainers to train Project Managers on issues that arise repeatedly.
- Maintain close relationships with Project Managers, GCs and vendors and serve them honestly and fairly.
- Monitor and evaluate Project Manager, GC and vendor performance and workload and communicate performance issues with Market Managers and PMP Managers.
- Highly organized with proven project management skills.
- Deep experience planning and scheduling construction and renovations projects, and managing them to timely completion.
- Reasonable knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping, and roofing systems.
- Detail-oriented and dedicated to careful planning and rigorous execution.
- Accountability, work ethic, pride in performance, and commitment to deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and an effective team player.
- Team player, with strong sense of ethics and fairness to all parties.
- Honesty, integrity, and skill in setting and meeting expectations.
- Highly punctual.
- Self-starter, with a proven record of working independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in spreadsheets and commitment to learning new software skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with Gantt chart software like Microsoft Project
- 1 to 10+ years of experience planning, scheduling and managing projects – preferably residential construction or renovation projects
- Ability to work weekends as necessary
- Bilingual a plus
- Basic computer skills and experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Teams)
- Must have a mobile phone
What you can expect from Tiber Capital Group:
Tiber Capital Group offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we encourage career growth, knowledge-sharing and having a good time
- We offer highly competitive compensation, and a strong bonus program
- More experienced and proven Project Management Professionals will be offered a higher starting salary.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, short term disability, life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, legal services plan, paid time off, paid holidays, and 401k
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.